Is it possible give single users the permissions to create new versions without give the "Administer Projects" permission?
I don't think so. Versions are being added in the "Administration" screen which is being controlled by the "Administer Projects" permission.
Gabrielle is right, it's a simple permission, you need admin-projects.
If you have Confluence, How to create a self service create project page is an example of providing specific admin capabilities to non-admins. Same technique works for versions.
Please have a look at Version Manager for JIRA plugin. This plugin allows you to delegate create, edit and release of version to user or project role independend from administer project permission.
Best regardsHolger
Please have a look at Version Manager for JIRA. This allows to manage versions without need for administer project permission.
Yes, this add-on looks like what I'm looking for. But it is not available for Cloud instances
Before I set-up a dirty trick (like a script using the REST API and a generic administrator account), is there any solution for cloud instances?
Not a useful response the first time, nor the second time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.