We have started getting problems with builds being queued for quite some time (often >10min) even if there are no other builds running. After some debugging I found that it is the following hg command that Bamboo is waiting for to finish:
"C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\hg.exe" update --clean --rev 1dddd1e554321eddae471623062d4824a0744dbf
This command is running in: C:\Users\Administrator\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\serverSide\DEG-API1-559\mergeWorkspace\
Before this command ran this hg-repo was cloned from the repo-cache. In other words, it looks like it is creating a new clone every time a build is being executed. The hg-repo is about 1 GB in size so I understand why updating to the newest revision in a newly cloned repo takes some time.
However, I don't understand why it has to clone the repo from scratch everytime. Is there any setting that would make Bamboo avoid this? It feels like it would be a lot faster if it could reuse one hg-repo for the plan and then just update it with the latest changes. Why is a new hg-repo needed for every build?
The command above was generated when a I ran a branch of the plan. Don't know if that matters. We are running Bamboo 5.0.