The assignee field hides those users without assignable permission. The watcher does not accept users without permission to access the issue.
How can I create such an user picker field, considering permissions?
I'm afraid that's only possible using a plugin. There's a few that can handle your use case:
They're all free so pick the one that suits you best.
Best,
Maarten
In the later versions of JIRA (6.2.x something onwards), you can configure filtering on user custom fields. You can configure the picket to select only users in certain groups or project role. You do not need a plugin for this.
Thanks, Maarten. I will check it.
Good to know, thanks. I think, with newer Jira versions there are some updates, also regarding hiding inactive users. I will keep it in mind and check the Release Notes.
Hi Jobin,
Are you suggesting that we can use conditions in the workflow to assign issues only to users in a project role? We are currently using issue alternative assignee to assign an issue to only a single/set of users when the issue is in a particular status.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.