I've been asked to augment a custom workflow. Currently, when the "Suspend Issue" transition is selected, the issue goes into the state "Waiting for Customer". However, they would like 3 different destination states to be possible. So, if "Suspend Issue" is selected, the resulting transition state can be one of the following:
* Waiting for Customer
* Waiting for Vendor
* Waiting for Resources
Not sure if I can do that, however. Is it possible to have a screen associated with this "Suspend Issue" transition whereby the issue state can be selected from a list. Or must I create a transition for each of these destionation states.
Transition State
Wait for Customer --> Waiting for Customer
Wait for Vendor --> Waiting for Vendor
Wait for Resource --> Waiting for Resource
Or, should "Suspend Issue" simply result in one state, "Suspended". Then have a custom field that says why the issue is suspended? I guess with this approach, would just have to nuke any value in that custom field when the issue transitions to being back in an active working state. If this custom field is shown in the screens for that project, when it's empty, will it still be displayed. (If I remember that with custom fields, the interface will only display them if the screen is configured to show them, and if they currently contain a value.)
Thanks,
Amos