I have already opened a support ticket for this, but tech support were unable to reproduce. So i am now posting here to see if anyone has any ideas?
After completing a fresh installation of Confluence on a virtual machine for production use, I am facing an issue where images from word docs are not importing at all using the 'Import Word Document' feature in Confluence. Nothing has been changed from the standard installation.
If I use tools->'Import Word Document' the images will not import, insert and display at all. I know this should work as I recently installed an evaluation version and still have it running side by side. Both the evaluation and production versions are standard installs with no plugins or modifications. The specifications are listed below for diagnosis.
I appreciate the help with this issue.
(I have now completed two fresh installations, one with one-click install, other self-install, both exhibit problem)
Environment details:
Production install -
Server: Windows 2008 R2 virtual machine - newly deployed for this purpose
Confluence: Version 4.2 x64
Database: Postgre 8.4.11
Database location: Local to server (D:)
Attachment storage: 'D:\confluence\confluence-home\attachments'
I have also setup an AD account to run as service
· - Created a new Active Directory user with default permissions
· - Setup the Atlassian Confluence Windows service account to start as the new Active Directory user
· - Gave the new AD user write permissions to Confluence install dirs temp/log/work (D:\confluence\confluence\temp|log|work)
· - Gave the new AD user write permissions to the home dir (D:\confluence\confluence-home\*.*)
Thanks!