This is essentially my first day on Jira and I am trying to absorb as much as possible, as quick as possible about Jira.
As a technical writer, I am finding that there isn't a lot of information about how to adapt Jira to my technical writing requirements (or is there?).
For instance, I am trying to build a documentation sign-off workflow. However, before I do that, I need to fully understand how issues and statuses interact as well as transitions.
As a very basic description, I am trying to build a workflow to handle the following:
Create issue - document review
Step 1: document outline review
Step 2: sign-off when review is complete
Step 3: document draft review
Step 4: sign-off when draft iterations are completed and accepted
Step 5: document/design final review
Step 6: sign-off when document is verified as meeting all requirements
Step 7: publish
I am thinking that this is going to be one issue that changes status after each document phase is complete.
I just have to figure out how to build this into a Jira workflow. Any thoughts/tips? I'll be watching some training videos (on You Tube) this evening.
Thank you so much!
Shawn