What is the simplest way to remove the resolution field from the issue view screen(It's not in the screen configuration).
if you dont need this field at all - you can hide it in field configuration
We do need the resolution field, so removing it from the field configuration is not an option.
Thanks anyway.
Francis, you need give more info on that exactly you need if you want an answer.
You can try using the JIRA Toolkit Plugin and add a Message Custom Field for the various screens you want to hide any field. And in this Message custom field you can use a Javascript/JQuery hack to hide the resolution field.
Alternaltively Field Security Plugin for JIRA also hides JIRA fields.
Hope this helps!
I think that's quite an odd approach - basically "I don't want the field", followed by "yes I do".
I suspect what Francis really means is that he wants field-level security, which Jira doesn't do
That's a good hack. We might also try the behaviours plugin, but that disables inline editing.
Just remember, anything you do will have to be redone for each release. I've been involved in that trap woth products in the past where it took us almost a year to refit our modifications after a release. Sometimes people just have to learn to live with something. I find it odd they would want to hide the resolution field.
Well, let's lift the curtain a little bit more. The reason why these users don't want to see the resolution field is because they are tracking the outcome of an issue using the status of the issue.
ie. they have a status 'rejected' and 'fixed' ...
The fact of tracking outcome in the status field is historic, and well incorporated in the day to day operations.
Given the way JIRA works, and the fact that much functionality depends on the resolution field being set or not, we have to toggle its value when one of the endstates is reached.
The bottomline is that this resolution (in their case) doesn't add value, but because of JIRA, it need to be used.
It being there doesn't impact tracking it via status. Nor should displaying the field cause a problem. Just explain that is how the product works. You could just set the resolution to closed for all issues in a post function of moving to the status. I've worked with lots of users and they are usually reasonable about living with product quirks. The other side is to explain this would be a modification to the product only they want and they will have to PAY for it now and every time an upgrade is done. That will probably make them more willing to live with it.
iDalko
Have you got any solutions?? I have similar problem as you have!!!
ck,
The answer is that you can't remove it from the screen, unless that you remove it from the field configuration.
So - no there is no solution (without modifying .vm files)
Francis
In Jira 6.x the Java Script code must be changed a little bit. Instead of #resolution, the id should be changed to #resolution-val, So in the announcement banner the following code can be used:
<script type="text/javascript">(function($) {AJS.toInit(function(){AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();});JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();});})(AJS.$);
I agree that displaying Resolution should be optional. And I would use it strait away because I would prefer to see "Workflow Status" instead. Displaying/hiding a field should not have an effect on other pieces of business logic, right?
Problem is that Jira needs it or a batch of reporting and searching will not work as intended. You can hide it with the field configuration, but if you do that, Jira will stop working properly.
It's a historical design flaw (in my opinion) still hanging over from Jira version 1 (it was fine there, but as soon as we got editable workflows, it should have been redesigned). Something we all have to work with I'm afraid.
I'd prefer a subjective meta-status system myself, but it doesn't look like Atlassian are ever going to change the resolution
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.