In reference to How to Make Confluence Read-Only (Method #2), how do we acquire an "expired evaluation license" for Confluence v3.31 self-hosted instance?We need the instance to remain available, but read-only, indefinitely. We successfully leveraged the REST API to migrate our content to our new Confluence v5.10 server. However, we need the old instance on-line but read-only for some time.
What licence does your 3.3 instance have currently?
Does this answer answer your question Nic?
Yep. You could just manually pull write access and keep using that as it is.
Thanks Nic but can you elaborate?
I see nothing in the license administration that permits modifications (Browse | Confluence | Administration, License Details). Perhaps I am overlooking something.Are you instead suggesting that I could manually administer each and every user or space removing privileges? If so, that's the tedious, time consuming and error prone manual effort I was hoping to avoid."Googling" I find information suggesting that the license may be stored on disk as a file. I'll explore that. However, I don't presently have (interactive / shell) logon or file access to the Linux server.Anyway, thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I do appreciate it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.