Why is Epic Link field not save during Create Issue, unless User Group as Edit Issue Permission?
I want to limit users from Editing existing issues, unless they are the Reporter of the issue. I have the Epic Link field defined as one of the attributes of the issue that can be set at Issue Creation time. I have given Create Issue permission to the Group g1, and Edit issue permission to the Reporter. I have a set of users that are in Group g1. If g1 is NOT given "Edit Issues" permission, the Epic Link field can be filled in by the Reporter (who is a member of g1) on the Create Issue Screen, but when completing the screen, and creating the issue, the Epic Link field does not show up. Similarily the field does not show up after using the Edit Issue screen.
What can I do differently such that I do not have to give Edit Issue permission to everyone in Group, in order to be able to allow the Reporter, a memer of the Group, to set the Epic Link during Issue Create?