I would like to create a custom drop down list that provides users with a particualr status of a work request. We have several pre-defined statuses that a work request will go through from inception until completion.
The status macro isn't very helpful since you have to edit, select a color and add text. so, my thought is to use a table field where I could insert a cool drop down list with button type indicators with preset text. Example: when a work request has been submitted by a customer, the status is, EDS1. When it goes into tech review, it is changed to REVW. wen it goes into construction, it goes into WORK.
So I'd like to be able to change the status, or have a user change the status when necessary. And to add some flash, I'd like to each one have a color coded button of sorts.
Any ideas? I thought the use of buttons would make things easy since there are so many button generators out there.