I'm afraid you can't. JIRA hides empty fields on the issue view to avoid (even more) clutter on screen.
To change it, you have to hack JIRA's core code.
Fully agree with Nic
Go Custom Fields -> Configure Custom Field: XX -> Default Configuration Scheme for XX -> Default Value -> Add two spaces here" then click set default. That should do the trick
I tried this but it's not working for me.
Worked for me, quick work around. Thanks
Yup. Works in JIRA Cloud. Nice!
Only way I had it work for a checklist field was to do it reverse style, i.e. have them all checked by default and uncheck them as I finish each item.
Hi @Gavin Jolley and @Gavin Jolley ,
you are right. Its hardcoded and you are not able to change this by some strange setting. But you should checkout IssueLayout https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221618/issuelayout?hosting=server&tab=overview
You can add a alternative Details panel, which allows you to configure to display empty custom fields. Also you can remove status, resultion etc. And it displays all fields such as User Picker.
Can somebody pls share screenshots
Screenshots of what? Spaces? They look like this:
:-)
That's what I've been trying to achieve. I don't think I could live with your workaround
It works visually, but the field is not empty anymore (ie it contains two spaces). If you query for issues with that field being empty, that would not appear
But the problem still exists if you are in view or edit screen of an issue and delete the complete value and safe. Then the field is hidden.
We use a Group-Picker, but if you want to change the value and it is empy the field ist going away ^^.
Exactly, this is the problem that I am facing. Is there a chance to filter by the content of the text fileld (space character) or by the lenght of the field (in order to filter those shorter than 2 characters for example)?
No, see the accepted answer.
Hi, updating this thread with the new update since this page was the first one that came up on search. This is in the Field Configuration > Screens Configurations! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Introducing-the-new-Empty-custom-field-configuration-feature-for/ba-p/2379469
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.