How can I restart JIRA? Is this possible from a Web browser?
For Windows:
Use \JIRA\stop_service.bat to stop JIRA and \JIRA\start_service.bat to start JIRA again. You can do it also by using service management console in Windows. Web Browser is not possible at this time.
For Linux:
start-jira.sh and stop-jira.sh (you find this files in bin folder of your instance)
Where is that script? I can't found it on my server. Maybe it isn't on the server (via sFTP or FTP)? I'm working on the Mac system.I use JIRA download version and it's on my linux server
Ok, Linux? Then use start-jira.sh and stop-jira.sh. This files should be found in bin folder.
Did you find it?
In case it is installed on a Windows machine, you may have it configured as a Windows service. You can see more details here.
Cheers
Please look at the comments. He is using linux.
Hi Pawel,
from browser it is not possible.
We wrote init.d scripts:
{code}
#!/bin/bash##case "$1" instart) echo "starting JIRA tomcat" su - JIRAUSER -c "/opt/start/bin/startup.sh" ;;stop) echo "stoping Jira Tomcat" su - JIRAUSER-c "/opt/start/bin/shutdown.sh" echo "wait15s and kill java" sleep 15 /usr/bin/pkill -U JIRAUSERjava ;;*) echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}" exit 1 ;;esacexit 0{code}
JIRAUSER is a dedicated user that starts/stops our jiraOur Jira lies under /opt/JIRA-INSTALL and /OPT/JIRAHOME.
/opt/start is a symbolic link to /opt/JIRA-INSTALL
with those /etc/init.d scripts you can start/stop jira (or whatever) as root but the application is started/stopped as the dedicated user.
Kind regardsAndré
Hi Andre,
What is the name of the file and where I have to upload this file? Am I understand it's working like this:
- when I'm logging to JIRA as that user it start JIRA
- when i"m loging off it stops JIRA?
Is it possible to restart (shutdown and start) JIRA from phpMyAdmin?
Every day I need restart my Jira Software self hosted. Why? I have create a sh job?
Why are you restarting it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.