In a wiki page, when I click on a link to a PDF file, the preview is not working:
pdf-preview.png
However, I can download the PDF file and it is available in the page attachments list.
Any idea about how to restore the preview?
Hi Nicolas,
Here is Confluence Doc:
Observed issues are with PDF type attachments, JPEG and PNG images
The following appears in the atlassian-confluence.log
atlassian-confluence.log
2015-02-17 07:48:56,813 ERROR [conversion-thread-3-internal] [conversion.impl.runnable.ConversionRunnable] doWork Format cannot be converted -- referer: http://testserver:8090/display/TS/Incident+and+Problemmanagement?preview=/17663912/17795772/How To Code In Java.pdf | url: /rest/documentConversion/0.1/conversion/convert/17795772/1 | userName: tester
Diagnostic Steps
SELECT * FROM CONTENTPROPERTIES WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE' AND STRINGVAL LIKE '%pdf%'; SELECT * FROM CONTENTPROPERTIES WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE' AND STRINGVAL LIKE '%pjpeg%'; SELECT * FROM CONTENTPROPERTIES WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE' AND STRINGVAL LIKE '%x-png%';
The Content Type of the attachments are wrong
application/pdf
image/pdf
application/x-pdf
These values are already invalid before performing the upgrade.
For more information please refer to CONF-36666 - Unable to Preview PDF Attachment Link Due to Wrong MEDIA_TYPE After Upgrade RESOLVED .
Run the following SQL query:
For issues with PDF:
UPDATE contentproperties SET STRINGVAL = 'application/pdf' WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE' AND STRINGVAL LIKE '%pdf%';
For issues with JPEG images:
UPDATE contentproperties SET stringval = replace(stringval, 'image/pjpeg', 'image/jpeg') WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE';
For issues with PNG images:
UPDATE contentproperties SET stringval = replace(stringval, 'image/x-png', 'image/png') WHERE PROPERTYNAME = 'MEDIA_TYPE';
Flush your Confluence caches by navigating through Confluence Administration Panel >> Cache Management >> Flush All.
Best Regards, Damien.
apart from checking the file type itself, I think it is MUCH simpler than all that....
in edit mode of the page, as you hover your mouse over the link text, you will see it gives a pop up that says "show as thumbnail" - that toggles to "show as link"
try a different browser
Same result on IE, FF and Chrome.
I do not want to display the file 'thumbnail' but some text (pdf file name let's say).
By the way, this workaround does not work, the thumbnail is empty and clicking on it displays the same "error" message.
it should work - contact your system admin?!?!?! - here is a test page on our system with two PDF tests
image2016-6-4 6:16:57.png
and here is another "interactive" PDF page using "Insert>Other Macros> PDF you can click the arrows at the bottom to move through the PDF or click the download button bottom left
image2016-6-4 6:21:37.png
image2016-6-4 6:23:13.png
Hmmm... just ran into this error in the Cloud instance of Confluence for PNG images that were working fine, but after I did an in-place update to one image ("Edit with... Preview (the Mac App). Make a change. Save. Update Confluence. See it on the page. Click PNG to see it larger... and boom. Error.
In fact, now all images on the page are not preview capable and must download. That's crappy.
I'm certainly not able to run SQL to check the DB for Cloud Confluence... and all steps I did were above...nothing crazy.
My Answer: Atlassian needs to review the process with us to find the regression bug that's causing the problem and fix Confluence.
Same issue, also in a Cloud Confluence. I don't know who changed what but it's everywhere.
I experience this same issue myself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.