I would like to include instructions for users as to the data they should be inputting on workflow transition screens. I thought the JIRA Toolkit plugin might do this but it seems that it only applies to the issue view and edit screens. Is this possible on workflow transition screens?
Thanks,
Dave
As you say there are two types of the "Message custom field" in jira toolkit. One for "View"-Screens and one for "Edit"-Screens.
In this case the Transition-Screen is treated like an "Edit"-Screen. So use the corresponding field and you are all well.
If you still don't see your stuff, try something simple as content so you can check the HTML source of the generated page if the value is present.
About formatting:
When you are in the adminstration section of jira and the index needs to be rebuilt you get this nice looking blue box on top of the page. I took the source of that box and use it to format my hints. E.g:
<div id="adminMessages" class="notify info"><p>Don't forget to set the comment to be readable by developers only!</p></div>
Now it's nicely formatted and matches the theme of jira...
You can write the instructions at field level.
In the field configuration for every work flow you will have a field description. You can use that for giving the instructions
You can put html in field descriptions.
Are you sure the "message custom field" from jira toolkit does not show on transition screens?
Can you elaborate any on that Jordan?
Cheers,
D
You can have a seperate help bubble that will pop out a external html file .. May I know the version yo are using
Sounds good.
JIRA 4.3.4...
Legend nomike! That worked like a charm
Hi, I've entered in two both types of message custom fields, and neither display at any point in my workflow. I can see they're assigned to the correct screens but they just don't appear anywhere.
Any thoughts? I'm running this on Jira 5.0
thanks,
adam
Solved:
Did you get rid of the comment field? or did you leave it in there?
Hi Jordan,
How to pop out a external html file? I want to do that....but I don't know how
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.