We have several projects in our JIRA instance and many are widely available. Sometimes, users aren't given good guidance and aren't told to select an appropriate project for their new issue and just leave the default project. This is fine if they've created an issue before as the project is likely appropriate. But if they're brand new, it ends up defaulting to a project that is usually not the one they want. Luckily, most of them come to me, the admin, and I know who to reroute things to, but I'd like to help users out a bit.
Is there a way to add a description to the Project field so that I can add wording such as "Please select an appropriate project" that will display on the screen? Yes, it seems silly and I don't think it's necessary for most users but I'm trying to help with an issue that has been plaguing some of our less observant users.
I know I can add a description to custom fields but I don't see a way to change system fields.
Any help is appreciated!