HiIs this correct syntax? I know I am missing some import stuff, but I am reading the groovy documentation and hoping this would be correct?
def this = getCustomFieldValue("myField") ?: 0If(this==0){//do stuff Else{//do other stuff } return this }
Referencing some of my own, hopefully this generic, completely made up example helps to compare. I'm honestly not really sure about your ?: 0
final String myField = "Custom Field A"; Object fieldTest = getCustomFieldValue(myField); Integer total = 0; if (fieldTest != null) { total = (Integer) fieldTest; } else { total = -1; } return total;
Hi Thanks for replying.Well my attempt in using the Elvis Operator was to simplify the checking for null values and return a default value if it were in fact null. That dreaded null pointer exception. The reason I was asking about the syntax is due to the fact I am somewhat new to groovy and I wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Basically trying to leverage the nuances of the language to my advantage while learning new stuff.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.