Hello,
I noticed the following issue in JIRA that does not seem to work as I expect.:
Any idea how to fix this?
Rob, What post function do you use. JIRA doesn't contain such post function, but there are some plugins that allow to do it.
Hi Robert,
The post function is the following.
The value %%CURRENT_USER%% will be appended to field Users, or set if it is a multi field.
See screenshots
Post_Function.png
Detailed.
Post_Function_Detailed.png
Id you're using Update Custom Field Value post function please use %%ADD_CURRENT_USER%%
instead of %%CURRENT_USER%%
Please check if your Users field is multi user or single user type
I tried it and although the tool mentions that you should not use it (obsolete), it has exactly the same effect.
The current user is copied to the 'Users' field but is only recognized as user when after you edit the issue and press 'Save'.
I do not know the details of course but is seems that some kind of translation is needed to make 'Rob' to be seen as user. This happens at least when you press 'Save'.
Can you send screenshot from the custom field definition (administration->issues->custom fields ? And please also attach your workflow transition post function list.
Apparently I can ask three questions a day after which I am blocked. Should I follow another path to continue with this?
Below two screenshots
Users_Custom_Field.png
Post_Function_List.png
Screenshot about not being able to answer (I edited this answer twice so it might be that I cannot repond anymore today).
No_Answer_Possible.png
You can comment if you can't answer I tried to replicate same issue in my JIRA 6.4.7 and JIRA Suite Utilities 1.4.10 and it works fine. Check your logs and attach error if it throws any
I think I also could not comment. I will see if I could get the logfile. Any specific logfile or error I should look for?
Hello Robert. Can you let me know which Logfiles I should investigate and where I can find them? Thanks.
Thanks, had the same issue (in cloud) and this solved the problem
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.