Hi,
I'm posting this hoping someone can shed some light on the process of migrating our Confluence DB from internal to external MSSQL DB.
So we have this confluence instance v.5.9.1 running on Windows Server 2008 and is using the H2 internal database currenlty. We are planning to use this into production and as part of Atlassian's recommendation, we need to move this to an external MSSQL DB. (SQL 2012).
I'm looking at this documentation as reference. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-to-another-database-148867.html. Should this be the best article for this task.?
Base on the process the migration should go like this.
- Take note of your add-ons
- Should I only take note of the user installed add-on? does the version for this add-on matters?
- Back up your data
- Set up the new database
- Install Confluence (same version number in a new location)
- Do I need to un-install the current confluence installation or just run the setup on top of the existing one?
- Should I create a new folder and make that as the new destination directory during the installation?same as the new directory?
- Download and install the database driver if necessary
- Run confluence setup wizard and copy your data to your new database
- Re-install your add-ons
- Check settings for the new machine
Thanks in Advance for your response.
Best,
lorenze