I've seen a few questions about hiding subtasks but they don't seem to apply to me.
I want to track the progress of stories in the "active sprints" view, so I organize the swimlanes by epic. But we use subtasks as containers to track hours and other to-do items, and I don't want to see the subtasks under "active sprints", just the story.
The only way I could think to do this was to edit the board query to show only standard issue types. This works but then the burndown chart also excludes the time logged on the subtasks, which is equally bad for us.
The reason we use subtasks is to make estimates and log hours. Here's one example story:
- (Story) User must be able to discard unsaved changes (Total estimate: 2d 4h)
- (Subtask) DEV: Implement discard button (1d)
- (Subtask) DEV: Unit tests (4h)
- (Subtask) QA: Test discard button (1d)
When the feature is ready to test, the story will be set to "Resolved" but dev will log hours on their subtasks. Using this structure we wouldn't want to see these subtasks on the "active sprints" board, we just want to see that the story is ready for test.
Is this possible or is there a better way to structure this?