In my workflow transition, How do I validate if a user select a specified Resolution.
For example, to validate if a user select “Function As Design”
Is it possible? If there any plug-ins?
My JIRA Version is 4.4.3
Thanks
Ganga S
is this something that could be solved by using the property,"jira.field.resolution.include" to allow only the selection of valid resolutions for that step of your workflow?
Hey Ganga,
I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused about your question.
Were you hoping to be able to look at a JIRA issue and see which users selected which transitions?
If so, this is possible in JIRA by default - just select the "All" activity tab:
Ganga,
you mean if user select "Function As Design" then you need to disply error right? if it is then you need to develop validator
let me know what you want to do exactly?
cheers,
Rambanam
Hi Simon and Rambanam,
Firstly: Thank you so much your answers....
Hi Prasad,
Your assumption is correct.....
We need a validator. As far as my knowledge, any of the plug-in does not have this kind of validator.
The validator, I am looking for it, If a user select a Resolution type “Function As Design”, then needs to display error message.
The JIRA Suite Utility plug-in has a "Field Value" Condition, but It allows to only execute the transition if the given value of the field is equal to a specified value.
Cheers
Hi,
Is it possible set more than one property value?
if there any property for exclude the selection?
This will resolve my needs. I can use "jira.field.resolution.exclude" property to defining multiple values.
I never used any property in my workflow transition. Could you please confirm, Is it a valid approach?
I like to know before adding this property into a workflow transition.
Hi Ganga,
Is it a valid approach, go ahead and configure "jira.field.resolution.exclude"
Cheers,
Thanks for the confirmation..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.