Hi, I ve worked with JIRA 2 years ago. I made an implementation for a client starting from zero, developing a full project to process their issues, but I ve never made modifications in an existing JIRA instalation.
Now there is another client that has a project completely implemented and working with thousands of issues. They want to do a revision of the project implementation changing the way is made it in many aspects, an here is my question:
While I am working in this changes, the system must be inoperative for the users? I mean, some changes affects the way the issues are assigned and so many other changes, so if I am touching it, I guess the system has to be "stopped" for the user interaction.
Or is there any way to export the project (just the structure, not the issue data), make the changes in a test environment, and finally upload and integrate the changes with the existing issue data? (this final step obviously will need the users stop their activity in the mean time of the upload process, but just this step, not the others)
Thanks in advance