Is there a way i can close all sub-tasks that have a closed parent?
Hi Greg,See the solution here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47073
I am not looking to close sub-tasks on parent task closure. I am looking to close sub-tasks that have a parent already in a closed state.
I believe based on the first post-function example, you can write your own Groovy script. You just have to query all the issues you need and loop through them as you see in the example. Here is how to execute a JQL query: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Miscellaneous+Groovy+Scripts#MiscellaneousGroovyScripts-ExecutingaQuery
Hi Greg,
If you use Script Runner for JIRA Server, you can run the following JQL to search for all non-Closed subtasks of a specific issue (that you know is Closed):
issueFunction in subtasksOf("issuekey = DUMMY-1") AND status != Closed
In this example, I'm searching for all non-Closed subtasks of DUMMY-1. You can surely modify the query according to your real scenarios.
If you'd like to look for all non-Closed subtasks of all Closed issues, you can use this:
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = Closed", jira_subtask_outward) AND status != Closed
Then you can use Bulk Change to close all of them.
Cheers.
Just for your info, here's the list of Scripted JQL Functions by Script Runner: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.