Hello All,
I'm not sure what is the best practice here, but i'm looking to move our jira instance over to another server, as well as upgrade from 4.4.3 => 5. The Atlassian Docs don't seem to cater for this situation, if you look at the documetation for upgrading it suggests you do a migration, and if you look at the migration doc it says you should look into upgrading. This, to me, suggests that I would either need to uprade 4.4 => 5 then migrate to the new box (running JIRA5 ), or just migrate 4.4 to 4.4 on the other box then upgrade to JIRA 5?
Either way i'm sure it will be ok, as it is I'm looking at migrating over to another 4.4 box then doing the upgrade to 5.
If anyone has done this, or knows more about the underlying app and could let me kow what would be the best course of action, they will recieve an e-cookie. 
Many thanks in advance.