Hi.
I just updated both Jira and Conflunce. No problem with Jira, Confluence on the other hand. The Confluence service starts without errors, but when I try to navigate to Confluence it just kind of sits there waiting for the page to load, both with "localhost:8090" on the server and "confluence.my.com:8090" from my own computer.
Jira and Confluence runs on the same server - Jira on port 8092 and Confluence on 8090. I've verified <confluence>\conf\server.xml contains the correct port.
-------
I've manually updated ...\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg with these values (as per my old instance)
<property name="lucene.index.dir">${localHome}\index</property>
<property name="webwork.multipart.saveDir">${localHome}\temp</property>
to
<property name="lucene.index.dir">${confluenceHome}\index</property>
<property name="webwork.multipart.saveDir">${confluenceHome}\temp</property>
however when I start the service it changes back to "localHome" after a minute or two. Is this it? To be honest, I don't really know why these properties was not in its default state in the old instance. What is this?
In either case I've tried them both.
-------
Related to this is a log file confluence<manydigits>-stdout.<today> which contains this
2014-06-11 14:34:31 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized
2014-06-11 14:34:54,912 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.5.2 [build 5510 based on commit hash 701ab0bfc8a95d65a5559a923f8ed8badd272d36]
2014-06-11 14:34:57,986 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.config.xml.AbstractDom4jXmlConfigurationPersister] saveDocumentAtomically Unable to move C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml3991011575929440126tmp to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml. Falling back to non-atomic overwrite.
-------
In confluence-init this is "home": confluence.home = C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/Confluence
-------
In case it matters this is from confluence<manydigits>-stderr.<today>
2014-06-11 14:34:31 Commons Daemon procrun stderr initialized
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'minProcessors' to '5' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'maxProcessors' to '75' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'useURIValidationHack' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:31 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
jun 11, 2014 2:34:32 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8090"]
jun 11, 2014 2:34:32 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1113 ms
jun 11, 2014 2:34:32 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal
INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
jun 11, 2014 2:34:32 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.47
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingClientConnectionManager).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
-------
This is from netstat -a -n -b
TCP [::]:8090 [::]:0 LISTENING
[tomcat7.exe]
TCP [::]:8092 [::]:0 LISTENING
[tomcat7.exe]
-------
There is nothing in the EventViewer which says anything usefull
-------
I've restarted the server a gazillion times
I'm in trouble here folks, please help 