Hi,
I would like to ask how can I log multiple issues in JIRA?
For example I have an excel file which contains the details of the issues, can this be supported?
It seems that you need some script to do it. Is there a lot of issues?
Yes from time to time we will need to create multiple issues in case our users encounter multiple problems.
Are there other ways to do it aside from scripts? Because we would like our users to do the creation of issues from JIRA page itself not via backend.
Let define: do you need to create issues or update existed ones?
We need to create new ones.
For example, a person encountered a problem, but the same problem is encountered by another person on the same time, let's say like network disconnection. The users, the one who's handling the complain, will need to input the same issue multiple times, just with a different value for the field e.g. "Reporter".
Use JIRA excel import https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html
I am agree with @Ram Chavan
If we use the excel import facility, will we be able to extract the records we uploaded?
What? What do you mean extract?
As Ram indicates, you can use the Administration CSV Import utility – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html
For users without Administration Permissions, there's a lighter version of the CSV import documented here – https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-636420874.html
These are NOT the same tool – The Admin-only utility is much more complex. The User utility is much more friendly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.