Hi
So far I've contacted Atlassian support and they told me that this issue is out of their scope and referred to answers.atlassian.com. Anyhow, I've an nginx server which acts as the proxy in front of JIRA, everything works fine (and fast), except file uploads.
When uploading avatars (for users/projects) the file uploads are fine, the only problem is with the "fancier" file uploads with the progress bars (in "Attach File(s)..." Dialog). They are stalling for about ~1 minute, so when a file is chosen in the file chooser, the progress bar starts (as expected), then at about ~95% it stops and sits there for ~1 minute, after that Minute the preview appears and the file can be attached...
Here's an example output of nginx logs file:
x.y.z.w - - [31/Aug/2011:15:19:22 +0200] "POST /jira/rest/internal/1.0/AttachTemporaryFile?filename=Screen+Shot+2011-08-29+at+11.08.25.png&size=37008&atl_token=1234-5678-K64L-WF0R%7Clin&issueId=10000 HTTP/1.1" 201 76 "https://abc.example.com/jira/browse/AB-1" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.865.0 Safari/535.2" "-"
It looks like the headers are returned and the status code 201 created is returned, when looking at the chrome console I can see, that this POST request is started and also gets the headers back, but then waits for the JSON body response for that minute. Heres my nginx config:
# atlassian jira
upstream srv_jira {
server abcdef:8091;
}
# redirect jira
location ^~ /jira {
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host hq.at-point.ch:443;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
proxy_pass https://srv_jira;<a< a=""> href="https://srv_jira;">
}
Am I missing an important proxy_... setting, or has anyone observed similar behaviour when using nginx as a proxy for jira?