So I've got my Confluence setup on evaluation license with the default database setup that comes with it. Then I decided to (as advised in every Confluence document) to migrate to external PostgreSQL database. I'm sure I did everything as explained on this website: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+to+Another+Database , but I still can't get it to work.
- Make sure that the JDBC drivers for your database are available to the application server. If you don't already have the JDBC driver, please download one from here.
- Make sure that your database is using a case-sensitive collation. Please refer to the section on case sensitivity below and see this issue for more details: CONF-7917.
- If you are running the Confluence distribution, copy your JDBC database driver (a .jar file), into the
<confluence-install>/lib folder.
- Start up Confluence. You will see the Confluence Setup Wizard.
- Select 'Custom Install'.
- Select your database from the drop down list.
- Select 'Direct JDBC' and then enter the details of the new database you want to migrate to.
Read the documentation on the Confluence Setup Wizard for more detailed explanation.
- When prompted, restore the contents of the backup you made in Step One into the new Confluence site.
Now, let's see.
1. Since I'm using Postgres, the documentation states that the driver for it is bundled with Confluence.
2. I don't know what the hell that means and why should I care about it if I'm using Postgres?
3. Done.
4. I'm using start-confluence.bat then localhost:8090 and I don't get any wizard but access to the default database.
What am I doing wrong?