How would I go about creating a custom set of links on my sidebar that doesn't disappear when I go to a different space? I have a site with hundreds of spaces and would like a global navigation across them all on my left sidebar. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
If you're trying to add pagetrees to the sidebar in a space, but want to include the links from other spaces, you can't. However, you can do what we did, in this case, which is to create a "link page". This "link page" page has just a page tree macro for its own space.
Then, in another space, you can use the include macro to include the contents of the link page, which lets you add the other space's page tree to any space you want.
Not sure if I explained this clearly, but it's an approach we used when we had multiple spaces but wanted links to all the other spaces' contents.
Hello Chris, with the markup described in this article you can add to the top bar site wide links - not exactly what you were looking for, but may help as a starting point.
If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to set one sidebar and then apply it to multiple spaces, yes? If so, I just submitted an improvement if you'd like to add your vote.
Just stumbled upon this one. You may want to try our Spacetree add-on, which allows you to create navigation trees across multiple spaces easily: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.spacetree
Hope this helps
Cheers,Remo
Hello, correct.
I have done several spaces and like to link some of those visible on the sidebar.
Best answer for me. Just to clarify, one needs to create a "page tree" macro within the space they want show elsewhere - use @ and the page to include a page tree. Then in the other space, look for a macro called "include page" macro and again, use @ and the page name to find it in the "page tree" macro.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.