I installed the HP/Palm Jira Issue Move Enhancement Plugin on my JIRA 4.4.1 development box, tested it, and was happy to see it worked well (it's only listed as Compatible with 4.3.x, but appears to function well in 4.4.1).
So, last night I installed it on our production server. Restart of JIRA went well, no unusual errors in the log, new plugin shows as loaded in the log file, in JIRA admin the plugin is loaded and all modules enabled. Cool. No. None of the new functionality (mainly of interest was the add/overwrite delete of labels on bulk change) appeared. Anywhere.
I restarted JIRA "just in case" it needed an extra restart to really understand. Still the same problem.
The main difference between my dev box and production is that I don't have all the same plugins installed on my dev box. So it got me thinking, can one plugin hide another plugin? I know this particular plugin overrides something in the bulk change page, which I'm thinking isn't a normal extension point, so perhaps another plugin is doing the same thing and it's "hiding" the HP/Palm plugin.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Mike