Hi All,
I just installed Jira 5 and I try to set gmail.smtp for outgoing emails.
I did the following steps according to the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Gmail+as+a+JIRA+Mail+Server):
1. I moved the activation-1.1.1.jar and mail-1.4.1.jar from Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib to the Atlassian\JIRA\lib
2. I pasted the
<Resource name="mail/GmailSmtpServer"
auth="Container"
type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="smtp.gmail.com"
mail.smtp.port="465"
mail.smtp.auth="true"
mail.smtp.user="myusername@gmail.com"
password="mypassword"
mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
/>
to the server.xml file
3. Iconfigured on the outgoing email settings page the following:
Service Provider: Custom
Protocol: SMTP
SMTP Port: 25
TLS: checked
JNDI Location: java:comp/env/mail/GmailSmtpServer
Is there anything else to set???
When I test the connection I get a stack trace:
Oops - an error has occurred
System Error
A system error has occurred.
Please try submitting this problem via the Support Request Page
Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.com with the following information:
a description of your problem
cut & paste the error and system information found below
attach the application server log file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log\atlassian-jira.log )
Cause:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/cache/RemovalCause
at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.expireEntries(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2528)
at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.tryExpireEntries(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2508)
at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.getLiveValue(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:3229)
at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.getOrCompute(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2220)
at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap.getOrCompute(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:3802)
at com.google.common.cache.ComputingCache.get(ComputingCache.java:46)
at com.atlassian.jira.user.DefaultUserPropertyManager.getPropertySet(DefaultUserPropertyManager.java:65)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.I18nBean.getLocaleFromUser(I18nBean.java:54)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContextImpl.getI18nHelper(JiraAuthenticationContextImpl.java:100)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.getI18nHelper(JiraActionSupport.java:260)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.getText(JiraActionSupport.java:292)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.webwork.MailServerActionSupport.doValidation(MailServerActionSupport.java:212)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.webwork.VerifySmtpServerConnection.doVerification(VerifySmtpServerConnection.java:109)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.webwork.VerifySmtpServerConnection.doAdd(VerifySmtpServerConnection.java:103)
... 135 more
Can you please help?
Thanks in advance!
Rumi