I like to filter my issues by component all the time. Is there a way to add a dropdown for component to the default issues filters at the top?
That appears to be not possible. In fact it will be nice to have that.
I created a new feature requested based on your input - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31453
You could use the green hopper plugin which gives you a component view in the planning board which would be quite simple or if you fancy the more difficult route, you could try a plugin and create a report
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/How+to+create+a+JIRA+Report
or you could do a preset filter
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/How+to+create+a+custom+preset+filter
although the components could change all the time.
Thanks for making the feature request. I am very surprised that such an established tool like Jira does not already do this. Seems like a basic need to me.
It's a new version - Jira 5.1 and below had a "simle search" screen which included components. In fact, it had ALL the available fields.
In this version, Atlassian have had a go at tidying/improving the simple search interface. I quite like the idea of concentrating on "important" fields, but I'm not sure how to define "important" - a lot of my users consider certain custom fields far more important than many system fields. That said, Components is important no matter what.
Yes, just to add to what Nic said. The all new Issue Navigator is a recent addition to JIRA and I am guessing new customer requests will make it more matured over time.
I like to search by component all the time and it's a real nuisance to click the more button and then choose component option and then the component. for example in the issue navigator menu I have the option for assigneee which I never use. it would be very useful to be able to select the criteria for the issue navigator menu.
Thanks
This is a 3 year old conversation. Still applies, but only a tiny handful of people will see your comment. I'd re-ask this as a full question to get some more feedback and opinions!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.