I'm familiar with the JIRA XML backup utility, but wondered if there is any way to backup a specific project & project data within JIRA (rather than the whole JIRA system)?
Not to my knowledge, but you could try editing the export to just include one project...
Thanks, Thomas. I'll give that a try and meanwhile add this to the list of enhancement requests....
I know this is definitely a convoluted way to do it, but ...
1) Do a ful backup
2) Restore to a clean system archive system (ie total separate version of Jira just for this purpose)
3) Delete all projects you do not want from within Jira.
4) Backup the archive system which now gives you just the projects you want backed up.
5) clean out the archive system and shut it down until it is needed again.
This process could be scripted
Thanks, Norman. Yep, a bit more rigorous but, if scripted, could be a snap! I'll chat with our admin on this approach....
If you try to delete the projet, you will be provided with to option to backup:
WARNING: This operation cannot be undone. If you wish to save the project data, it is recommended that you back it up first.
Hi Ken.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to backup a single project. There is a feature request for it in JRA-34307 but it has not been implemented yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.