When I use the {noformat} tag around a list, it fills the screen space below the list with many blank lines. Is there any way to get rid of that space? The {panel} tag does not add the extra blank space. This is in the JIRA Comments tab.
After testing with multiple browsers, we were able to confirm that this is an issue isolated to just Internet Explorer. As I said in the comments, I encourage you to file a bug at: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa It would also be nice if you posted a link to that bug here so other users can vote and comment on it.
Cheers,Boris
Hey Louie,
What version of JIRA are you on? Could you provide a file containing the sample information I could use to try and reproduce this? I have not seen this kind of behavior before.
Cheers,Boris BerenbergAtlassian Support - San FranciscoEnjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport
(JIRAsample.txt) JIRA version V5.0.5#732-sha1:79229cc
Sample data attached.
I tried to reproduce it here: http://cl.ly/image/1Y21452y1p3Z using JIRA 5.0.5 but could not get it to occur. What browser are you using? Please provide me with an exact version if possible.
Internet Explorer 8
Version 8.0.6001.18702
I didn't think about the browser. This problem does not show up in Firefox.
The problem does not show up in Chrome either.
Also, notice how it cuts off the right side of the data on your example, forcing you to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the panel? When there is plenty of room on the screen, why does it do that? Is there a command to extend the panel width? Or should this be a separate question?
Oh, heh heh heh, that problem is only in IE8 as well. Both Firefox and Chrome extend the panel to the max.
It is cut off because I had my Chrome window at half width of the screen. If I open the window to be the full size of the screen then it does not get cut off. See this image: http://cl.ly/image/1o243J0I2T04 I know that some people have suggested that the whole portion expand to use the space on the right. There is an issue already raised for this, and is under consideration by our development team.
Since you were able to confirm that the issue with the noformat occurs only in IE 8, I think that this should be reported as a bug. Please go to: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and file a bug against the JIRA project. Please provide as much information as possible, including a link to this question.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Also, I am going to add the browser issue as an Answer to the question. Always appreciate an answer confirmed so that other users can find it easier.
I can't create a bug because I am being asked to log in again on a different screen, and it isn't recognizing my user name, and when I ask for help it says my email address doesn't exist. I don't know how that is possible, since this system used it to email me with your answers.
And I can't report this as a bug because I can't log in. Ad infinitum.
It is a seperate system, unfortunately we don't have single sign on between the different systems and you will need to create a seperate account.
Done. JRA-29415
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.