When I forward mail to service desk (address provided for that), Service Desk automatically creates two identical issues. Is this problem with mail server configuration (see picture for mail handler configuration) or some setting in JIRA.
image2015-9-8 16:21:49.png
Hello,
JIRA Service Desk uses mail channels to create issues from e-mail, instead of the JIRA mail handlers. Thus, I recommend you to double check the configuration there (as per this document) and then try again.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
Did you find any solution for this, Matjaz? Cheers, Kirstin
I think I found where the problem is. We have common address for service desk and JIRA. Both have mail handlers (apparently) and they both handle incoming mail. So in most cases issue is duplicated, however, sometimes that is not the case and issue is not duplicated (I presume because one handler marked mail read, before other handler read the mail). I tried with mail handler in Service desk off, it worked, however I haven't tested other scenarios (like responding to customer,...) with this handler turned off. Final solution will probably consist with two different mail addresses for JIRA and Service Desk. Matjaz
OK, thanks. We have got duplicated service desk issues only sometimes. And no common mailbox. So I'll have to investigate elsewhere.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.