I'm having issues with the Cache plugin on pages in my public space using the Content Publishing Plugin.
The structure of my pages are a source page and a main page. The content in the main page is included from the source page via a multi-excerpt macro. The multi-excerpt macro is wrapped in a cache macro
Here is the sample code:
Source Page
{show-to:user=xyzuser}
{multi-excerpt:name=xyzname}
My Content
{multi-excerpt}
{show-to}
Main Page
{cache:index=true}
{multi-excerpt-include:xyzpage|name=xyzname|nopanel=true}
{cache}
Immediately after publishing, a few (not all) pages are not showing their content that is contained within the cache macro. Refreshing the page does nothing. The content on the main page in draft space is rendering fine.
It is only after I edit the source page in the public space, then refresh the main page in the public space that the content renders. Of course this is not ideal as the whole idea of having the publishing plugin is so that you can prepare draft content and publish it to a public space when ready.
Does anyone know of any reason why this would be happening aand how to fix it? Is it something to do with the size of the cache? (I don't understand the instructions on the Cache plugin page "The capacity property equal to 100 means that 100 distinct renderings of the cache macro will be cached", but I do have more than 100 pages with the cache macro - is this an issue? and how do I fix it if I don't have access to the server?).