Hi,
We have just purchased confluence and we need to create the tasks for each developer and display them in a gantt chart, but I have no idea how to do this.
Can someone please help me with this?
Thanks,
Lee
Hi Lee,
Check out the documentation for the Chart macro for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Chart+Macro#ChartMacro-GanttChart
Here's a quick-start:
Phew! That was a lot more involved than it should be. If you also have JIRA, you could take a look at this Gantt Chart plugin (for JIRA): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt or better yet, JIRA Portfolio: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira
Thanks Daniel,
Do I have to use JIRA for the task list or can I just use Confluence?
I am unsure how to get the grids that are displayed inside the chart design. I am assuming these are key to displaying the bars in the gantt chart.
You can either copy/paste from the example (this is what I did) or create a new table in the editor. The Table insert lets you choose how many rows/columns to start with:
image2015-7-14 7:39:3.png
@Daniel Eads {unmonitored account} Can I use a JIRA issue filter rather than the table to add the data into the chart
Hi everyone!
I wrote an article about Gantt chart in Confluence Cloud.
Please see Plan Projects and Roadmaps with Gantt Charts in Confluence Cloud.It might be helpful even though you use Confluence Server/DC.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.