I know it's cheeky to ask here, but has anyone done this? I can find conversions in the other direction, eg using Atlassian's UWC, XWIki to Confluence, which gives me clues on what to look out for, but nothing much on abandoning Confluence.
I'm not taking this decision lightly (sorry, Atlassian). Having played around with an OnDemand version of Confluence 5, I think the developer community currently using our 3.5 Confluence will lynch me if we move to the "rich-text-only" editor. It's going to be so much work to migrate from 3.5 to 5, and such a shock that we might as well go for something that's (a) free, (b) future-proofed against product changes we don't like and (c) continues to offer *easy* plain-text editing as well as a wysiwyg editor.
XWiki seems to offer everything we need - including the ability to natively edit either Markdown or Confluence's own mostly-discarded wiki markup page by page.
I would be interested to know if anyone's done this and how they got on. We would still use JIRA, so connectivity with JIRA is important.