Is there any way to migrate filters and dashboards of JIRA from one instance to other?
Are you migrating just the filters and dashboards or you also plan to move the projects and issues that are used by these dashboards and filters ?
Actually we are using JIRA 6.4 version and planning to merge two JIRA instances. We cannot use full system restore as it will wipe out the contents on target instance hence we are planning to migrate projects and issues using Project Import. The problem with this approach is it will not import filters and dashboards so I am looking for options to migrate filters and dashboards separately.
You will probably face a lot more problems during the merge than you initially expected:
This is an example of some of issues that you will face (there is more). We have a lot of experience doing such migrations and we can help. If you are interested I suggest we get on a call and discuss it in more details - just drop us a mail at support@botronsoft.com
Our main concern is filters and dashboards. Can you suggest a way to import them?
You could use Script Runner console to
Here is code example how to get all filters:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchRequest; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchRequestManager; import com.atlassian.jira.sharing.SharePermission; import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser; import com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtil; ArrayList<String> Filters = new ArrayList<String>(); UserUtil userUtil = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil(); SearchRequestManager searchRequestManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchRequestManager.class); ArrayList<SearchRequest> FilterList; String CurFilter = ""; boolean HasGlobal; String CurPerm; for(ApplicationUser CurUser: (ArrayList<ApplicationUser>) userUtil.getAllApplicationUsers()) { FilterList = (ArrayList<SearchRequest>) searchRequestManager.getAllOwnedSearchRequests(CurUser); for (SearchRequest Search: FilterList) { CurFilter = Search.getName() + "#" + Search.getQuery() + "/" + Search.getOwnerUserName() + "#"; HasGlobal = false; for (SharePermission Perm: Search.getPermissions().getPermissionSet()) { CurPerm = Perm.getType().get(); CurFilter += CurPerm + "/" + Perm.getParam1() + "/" + Perm.getParam2() + "#"; if (CurPerm == "global") HasGlobal = true; } CurFilter += " \n" if (!Filters.contains(CurFilter)) if (HasGlobal) { Filters.add(CurFilter); } } } String Result = ""; for (String Filter: Filters) { Result += Filter + "\n@"; } return Result
Srinivas - I saw your post on the Atlassian Q&A blogs. As you can see from Bori's comments, our Botron PSO team has years of everyday-experience managing the merge, un-merge, and migration of JIRA & Confluence instances.
I can set up a call to discuss how you can accelerate getting your project completed with the least amount of fuss & muss. Just let me know rich.bowman@botronsoft.com
PS: I sent you a LinkedIN email also
Nice script to get the filters but how to you set them on the second instance?
You can use it to import like here:
I worked on filter , which has huge number of SCRs. I tried to add watchers. But wrongly deleted existing watchers. Please let me know if there is any shortcut to undo this last operation.
If it is hard to write such script I can help.
Hi Boris,
we're currently in the same situation as described above. I'd like to check if plugin 'Configuration Manager For JIRA' works for different versions of JIRA instances (source instance is 7.3. the target one 7.8.).
Thanks!
Hi Petra,
Configuration manager supports export/import of JIRA configuration between instances running different versions of JIRA.
I suggest downloading the latest add-on version and giving it a try.
If you face any issues or need more help contacts us through https://support.botronsoft.com
I want to get items from one server to another server's dashboard.
How can this be possible?
My project is represented by Epic story which includes “Issues in Epic” on 'A' Server, and also linked to some items on 'B' server.
I’d like to track all the items by using a dashboard. I was able to include all items by using a filter
Can I add to the same board items from B server?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.