Hi.
I am trying (failing) to find a configuration for the following pattern:
There are a number of worker roles (let's call them 'Worker A','Worker B', 'Worker C') and two statuses, say 'In Progress' and 'Resolved'. When an issue is 'In Progress', the workers have only a single transition 'Provide Data' which allows them to set or unset certain, distinct custom fields (say, 'A', 'B', 'C', respectively) which are initially empty, but keeps the issue in status 'In Progress'. If, and only if, at any time an 'In Progress' issue should happen to have only non-empty custom fields, then the issue should transition automatically from 'In Progress' to 'Resolved' without a supervisor having to trigger that transition. The workers, however, are not allowed to trigger that transition manually, but only indirectly by providing the custom field data.
Does anybody have a suggestion on how such a scenario can be modeled in JIRA?
I tried to tackle this problem using the 'fast-track transition' built-in from the Groovy Runner plugin (conditioned to check that all fields are set) but this seems to require me to define a workflow transition that may also be called manually by the workers.
Any advise is appreciated. Since I do not have admin access to the file system I am especially interested in a solution that uses only the UI and maybe third-party plugins.
~MRA