Hello,
I am working on upgrading my JIRA instance and am having trouble with a very very slow reindex. I am currently on JIRA 5.2.11 and by locking JIRA to do a reindex, it normally takes about 1 - 1.5 hours. (210k issues, 90 projects, 200 custom fields)
JIRA is running on one server with MS SQL Server on another. Both machines have 4 CPU's, (single core - 4 total cores) 16GB memory. They are on the same network so response times between the two machines is very fast.
I upgraded JIRA to the latest version (6.3.15) in my dev environment. Disabled plugins (Agile and a few others), upgraded JIRA, upgraded plugins, then performed a reindex. The reindex has currently been running for 12 hours and is only now at 25%. I am wondering if anyone has any tips since it does not take nearly this long (at this pace it will take 2 days to reindex) and this makes upgrading over a weekend virtually impossible. Any thoughts/tips/etc are appreciated.
Thanks!