I have installed 6.x and after restoring the system from my old 4.x I get null pointer errors. I am new to JIRA. How do I start to locate my error? Th einstall is fine. Errors happen immediatly the restore process ends. I cannot access the 6.x install at all afterwards.
Hi, go through the upgrade notes for JIRA 6. You need to first upgrade to the stated versions in between, e.g. JIRA 5 etc before you can get to 6. You can't get to 6 in 1 go.
I have found some supporting software that needs to be upgraded, MySQL upgrade needs Window WIC and .NET for example. Ill close this for now until I have all things up to date.
Hello Greg,
After upgrading the other software tool that you have such as MySQL, etc.. Please note that if you are planning to upgrade your JIRA instance from a version prior to 4.4.5 into JIRA 6.0, then you need to upgrade your JIRA instance into 4.4.5 first, before upgrading it to the latest JIRA version.
I hope that helps.
Ok, I have upgraded from 3.x to version "4.4 build 649" and everything works fine. Next i updated MySQL, Java etc and all is still ok.
However, any upgrade past this 5.x, 6.x fails and the browser is displaying a Null pointer exeption error.
I have no custom plugins but I get an error in the log;
2013-06-20 15:28:15,280 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Initialising the plugin system
2013-06-20 15:28:16,827 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartingEvent@16d36a5' from the invoker 'SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager.onStart(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartingEvent), listener=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraOsgiContainerManager@1ba994b}'
and this appears to be where the failure starts.
Any help is much appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.