Hi,
I found this question https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/55689 which is quite the same as mine, but it seems that we don't have the same context.
I have installed Stash and was working correctly for some months. It is installed on a local machine to make tests before launching it on a real server. I picked option 2 during installation so that my PATH was added the path to Git/cmd.
I went on vacation, during this time no one did anything on the server, and when I came back Stash raised the following error:
------------------
A fatal error has occurred
The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:
- Git was not found on the PATH for Stash. Install Git 1.7.6+, excluding 1.8.4.3, and restart Stash.
------------------
I tried to modify my PATH environment var, tried to uninstall / install again Git, but no way, it doesn't work... I try to type "git --version" in my windows command prompt, and I alsways get "fatal: open /dev/null or dup failed: no such file or directory". I get the same message on Git bash.
So it seems that it is an environment issue, but I can't find out what it is ! Maybe the command prompt is corrupted? Does anyone has already seen that issue ?
Can anyone help or guide me?
Thanks!
Brice