I am looking to create a template that automatically pulls the page title and includes it in the content. Is there a variable/macro/shortcut that allows us to automatically pull the page title and include it in the content of the page?
There are multiple ways to do that including at least:
Thanks for the reply.I made a simple user macro that worked like a charm:
## @noparams $content.title
Alexander,
It looks like Bob was able to point you at the 100% correct solution. I am answering here just to let people know that we have an outstanding feature request for this functionality.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13715
If anyone is interested in getting this feature rolled into the product itself please visit that issue and vote for it in the upper right hand corner. I am attaching this post to the ticket to further increase it's visibility.
Your solution is a great one. Again I am just adding this for informational purposes.
Hey,
I used the above in my macro and I got the page title.
Now how can I get the first letter in a page title since my pages are named as follows: AF | Afghanistan
I only want to get AF?
@Alexander Wolden
It looks like this was not implemented. From an en-user POV, this really should be a requirement for allowing people to create custom templates. After all, if we are creating a custom template, the whole point is to be consistent. Having to create a page title each time we use a custom template is counter-intuitive and very annoying. Any updates?
Hello, I needed to include the page title into the content of the page and can't use above steps - maybe newer version or permission limitations, but I was able to use Page Info macro.
Insert macro Page Info
Works for me. Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.