Hi,
We've just upgraded to JIRA 6 and I noticed that now only the 5 most recent comments of an issue are shown and the old ones are grouped under the "x older comments" bar. I personally like this feature but apparently some of our users don't so I was curious if thi feature can be disabled or if there is a way to adjust the number of comments shown by default.
Thanks,
Petru
Please have a look at this and this page. I have not been able to test it (yet) but if you would add a "jira.comment.collapsing.minimum.hidden = x" replacing x with the value you wish, to the jira-config.properties file, this might provide you the solution you are looking for. Assuming you are using the download version of JIRA that is, for the OnDemand product you will no be able to make changes to or create this file.
Hi Petru,
We have Jira 6.0.3 installed and don't have this functionality. I can still see all the comments in one go.Might it be a plugin that's doing this?
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your comment!
Nope, it's a standard feature in JIRA 6 - I have it in a freshly installed instance of JIRA 6 as well. You can also see it in Atlassian's JIRA instance - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1549 for example.
Regards,Petru
Thanks for your quick replies! The "jira.comment.collapsing.minimum.hidden" setting seems to do the trick (just tested it out and it works).
Thanks again for the help! Great community around here :-)
--Petru
I've searched some more and you can edit this in the Advanced Settings in your General Configuration Tab in the Administration Console. It's a property called jira.comment.collapsing.minimum.hidden
Some more information can be found here :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Advanced+Settings
Best Regards,
This post was a life saver. Really disliked having to constantly click on the collapsed messages label to see content and now I don't have to! Thanks!
This works perfectly in the Old Issue View -- it does not work at all in the New Issue View.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.