I'd like to order items (tasks) within an epic that would then convey "flow". Currently, these are ordered by their creation with a project.
Is there a way to define the order of tasks within an epic?
Thanks
I assume you are using either JIRA software 7.X or JIRA Agile for earlier versions. One way of seeing your flow is to use the ranking field that the backlog uses for managing which items are considered higher priority. So adding ORDER BY rank should show you the priority flow.
If you want to use some other order then you will need to somehow store the sort order within the issue.
Thanks Phil,
So, reordering within the backlog ended up with the right results. I am now seeing, from within the Epic, the tasks lined up in my (required) order.
Big help!
Thanks,
Scott
You can change the order of the issues by selecting the epic and dragging/dropping the sub items in the right panel.
It is also possible to reorder the issues in the backlog (you can also show all the epics and filter by them when selecting "Epic Panel" in the "Epic" filter).
(test)
Tim is testing, too
Tim is testing #2
Tim will leave this open until tomorrow, I'll be back
Tim is testing #3 after refresh
Hi, when I open the Epic I do not see issues in the right panel, but in the center panel. Do we need to configure the right panel first? Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.