So I used deploy4me and got confluence working just fine on a medium sized instance on AWS. I changed it to a small instance to try to save money and it wouldn't load, I figured it just didn't have enough memory so I changed it back to a medium instance. Now it will not load and I am getting a timeout error on my browser.
I figured confluence just wasn't starting to I went into the command line and ran the bin/start-confluence.sh command to no effect.
What should I dig into first?
The log from the last hour:
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.304 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
16-Oct-2015 19:47:25.579 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.stop Stopping ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:47:25.628 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.destroy Destroying ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.864 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' $
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.910 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.910 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.911 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.911 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.913 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.922 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting pr$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.926 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:34.954 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Contex$
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.282 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.296 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.298 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 501 ms
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.304 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
16-Oct-2015 19:47:35.306 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.26
16-Oct-2015 19:48:32.029 SEVERE [Standalone-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start Unable to create directory for deployment: /opt$
16-Oct-2015 19:48:32.032 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:48:32.048 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 56750 ms
And then here is the log from right when I changed the instance:
16-Oct-2015 01:27:19.679 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-7] com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._initiate Initiating Jersey applicatio$
16-Oct-2015 01:47:56.888 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-2] null.null Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-16 03/23/2015 10:20 PM'
16-Oct-2015 01:48:13.019 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-17] null.null Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-16 03/23/2015 10:20 PM'
16-Oct-2015 01:48:17.130 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-20] null.null Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-16 03/23/2015 10:20 PM'
16-Oct-2015 01:59:19.786 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-6] null.null Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-16 03/23/2015 10:20 PM'
16-Oct-2015 03:21:25.118 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-9] null.null Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-16 03/23/2015 10:20 PM'
16-Oct-2015 19:19:03.193 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await A valid shutdown command was received via the shutdown port. Stopp$
16-Oct-2015 19:19:03.194 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.pause Pausing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:19:03.253 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stopInternal Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.187 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' $
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.493 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.493 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.495 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.502 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.506 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.554 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting pr$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.569 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setti$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:28.670 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Contex$
16-Oct-2015 19:21:29.694 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
16-Oct-2015 19:21:29.733 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
16-Oct-2015 19:21:29.735 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 1936 ms
16-Oct-2015 19:21:29.743 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
16-Oct-2015 19:21:29.748 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.26
16-Oct-2015 19:23:22.596 SEVERE [Standalone-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start Unable to create directory for deployment: /opt$
16-Oct-2015 19:23:22.625 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]