Hi,
How do I get a link to an Excel spreadsheet to open in Excel?
Thanks!
Make sure your browser understands it should open excel files in excel.
Very funny, thanks. Now I need to make sure it works for all of the other browsers and 300 users.
Funny how? I'm just pointing out that the choice of program that your machine makes to open a specific file type depends on what you've told it to do.
I found that if you right-click on the link and select Open in a new tab it opens in Excel. So now I have added the text: Right-click on the link above to open in Excel.
I am using Confluence 6.8.2 - does anyone know if this was fixed in any recent version, or do we still need to do a workaround as Debra suggests?
It works fine in Confluence 6.0.6.
There is no "fix"in Confluence, as it's nothing to do with Confluence. As Debra has done, you have to set your browser to open files with excel.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.