I am running Confluence 4.3.3 with a MySQL DB. Our attachments are stored in the database and I'm planning on migrating them out to the filesystem.
I was able to complete this successfully a few times using our test environment. When the migration completes in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/attachments I see a directory titled attachment-backup-<DATE> which is 3.3GB. This appears to be a subset of my attachments directory which is 3.4GB.
I was wondering if this is something I need to keep around or is this safe to delete. I have other means of backing-up attachments so if it doesn't hurt anything to remove this, I like to free up the space.
Also, I'm performing this migration since in the latest version of Confluence, while it's still supported to store attachments in the database, the functionality is deprecated and it seems using the filesystem has become "best practice". Is this indeed the case? Curious as to what others are doing for attachment storage in the latest versions of Confluence.
Thank you for your help.