Hi All,
I used many Atlassian products for years at my previous job (JIRA, Confl, Fisheye, Crucible, etc.), but only as a user and not an admin. At my new job, I'm now helping to administer JIRA and Confluence and will be setting up Stash soon. I'd first like to setup a JIRA and Confluence "Application Link", mostly so I can use the JIRA Issues Macro I'd gotten used to before, and I have a few questions.
- First, is the process of linking JIRA and Confl really as simple as it appears to be on this page?: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Linking+to+Another+Application
We're running JIRA 6.1.7 and Confluence 5.4.4 on the same internal server.
- Second, for whatever reason, we have a smaller number of JIRA licensed users than we do for Confluence (I was not part of that decision). Is that likely to cause trouble if we have Confluence users not licensed for JIRA viewing a page in Confl with the JIRA issues macro, for example? I think it'd be fine if the macro just didn't load the associated JIRA issues for those users, since they don't use JIRA anyway and wouldn't know about it.
- Third, are there any other potential negatives to linking the two apps that I should consider? I'm not seeing any, but I'd rather not suggest this app link to the primary JIRA/Confl admin and then find that I'm introducing some licensing or other problems. 
The process appears to be simple and helpful. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Justin