When user accessed a restricted page, user can send a request to the last editor to get access to the page.
Can the request be sent to space owner since that user is the owner of the space and decides who can access and who can't
Per the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions the space administrator can grant users and groups to have permission to restrict (edit and view) pages. Note that permission to Add pages (and edit content) is not the same as the permission to restrict pages.
Hope this clarification helps!
As far as I found out, there is only the chance to disable the Plugin completely.
Therefore you need to go to "manage addons" > "Show all addons" > "Confluence Request Access Plugin" then hit the disable button.
Anyway I would prefer a solution where I can define who will get the request for access.
It would be nice if it could be tied to the administrator permission set in space permissions. But here is the Confluence documentation regarding this plugin:
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/09/new-in-confluence-request-access-to-view-restricted-pages/
Hi everyone,
A quick note to let you know that in Confluence 6.8 we've improved how request access works under the hood. When a user requests access to a restricted page, Confluence will send an email to up to 5 people. It chooses people in the following order:
This means that the request should be actioned quickly, as it prioritizes the people who have been interacting with the page most recently.
So this has created an unfortunate scenario where some of our jira/confluence admins - people who really have nothing to do with the space are getting all of the request for access emails.
We have to have one group that has admin on every space, but we have no way to designate another group as the ones who should be receiving these emails as they both have space admin.
Right now one of our jira/confluence admin's name starts with Aa so he gets every single email from all spaces.
Anyway to delegate a specific group to always receive these emails?
Hi Chad,
Thanks for letting us know, I can see how this would be problematic. I'll raise it with the dev team.
We had hoped that in most cases, the request would be sent to someone who has been interacting with the page itself, but sounds like in your case that few people have the 'Restrict' space permission?
Ooooh wait a second.
So I can remove the restrict permission from the space admins and they won't receive these emails anymore - that fixes my routing issue.
I just submitted a ticket for a similar issue with us not receiving emails at all. But I'll wait for their response.
Thank you for the quick response!
We have this same issue, where the individual who grants access is out on vacation. I am a site admin. I go to Space Settings and add the requesting user to the page. They log out and back in. Still no access. Anything I'm doing wrong here? This is pressing, as Jira has no live support and we have users who can't get work done.
Hi @jbarr, sounds like the page itself (or a parent page) is restricted. You'll need to go to the page and add the person in the page restrictions dialog.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions for how to do this (or https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/Add+or+Remove+Page+Restrictions if you're using Confluence Cloud).
The permissions tab in Space Settings controls access to the whole space, but sounds like in your situation that the page itself might be restricted.
Hope this helps.
OMG, with 10000 users and 1000 spaces we do get many of these spam mails to the admins. I ask myself sometimes who is defining requirements at Atlassian and what they smoked at this time :-)
Such mails should never ever go to SystemAdministrators. They could not even know if a right could be granted or not. This has just to be distributed to local space admins or the most recent people editing a page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.